Monday, October 14, 2013

Mama Herft's Fish Buns

My mum is one of the best people I know she's the kind of person who always puts everyone first and would go without if it meant giving someone else something .She has got a heart of gold and if you meet her you can't help but love her for her warmth and generosity . Yes like all mums and their kids there are times we drive each other crazy but the end of the day she respects us enough to always let us make our own choices  even if she doesn't agree with them sometimes quite audibly ! But as she puts its it its our lives and she very rarely says I told you so and all she wants is for her kids to be happy.



I always say if I can be half the person she is that will be something .  I have been missing her alot lately and she  is also one of the best cooks I know and her fish buns are famous with all who know her so I thought that I would make these bring me a little closer to home . This is such a great recipe you can make fish buns or  fish pizza which was delicious the last time I made it . I have only made them with atta flour. Trying to be healthy .


Fish Filling
1 can tuna
2 large potatoes
1tomato 
salt
1tsp chillie powder
3 green chillies
4 cloves garlic
3 onions chopped
½ cup coconut milk


Method
Boil potatoes in the juice of the mackerel and a little bit of water
  
 Add onions, garlic,tomatoes etc

After the potatoes have boiled add the fish and let it boil a little longer

Add a little coconut milk and dry up the Ingredients properly so when you stir it the potatoes get a little bit smashed up

I just used the bun dough recipe I found from  the blog Malini kitchen 

 Brush the buns tops with egg mixed with milk and bake at 180C for 15-20 min
It is a little time consuming but well worth it .

1 comment:

  1. YUM!
    Sounds delicious!!
    I saw you on every recipe and I thought I would drop by and give you a little encouragement via some "comment love"
    Stop by and say hi sometime. I have blogging and traffic building tips in a story from a few days ago on my site if your interested.
    ...anyway, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete